LIFEPAC is a Christian curriculum designed by Alpha Omega for grades K-12, and based on the principle of mastery learning. Students master content in each unit work-text before progressing to the next. Ten LIFEPAC work-texts provide one full year of learning content per grade level; individual work-texts can also be used as supplemental material. In addition, you can mix and match subjects or grade level work-texts to personalize your student’s curriculum content. Individual work-texts take approximately 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
At Kanawha Christian School, LIFEPAC and online learning are utilized in combination to provide individualized instruction throughout our traditional school setting. Core subjects include:
- LIFEPAC Bible: an in-depth study of the Old and New Testaments, with a curriculum that assists students in the development of practical Christian living. The LIFEPAC Bible work text curriculum covers the themes of theology, the attributes of God, biblical literature, biblical geography, Christian growth, and Christian evidences, as well as a special emphasis for each grade level.
- LIFEPAC History & Geography develops students’ understanding of an appreciation for God’s activity as seen in the record of man and his relationships. The LIFEPAC History & Geography work test-based curriculum targets this goal by focusing on six major these: Geography (World and American), History (World, American, and Religious), Government, Citizenship, Economics, and Social Sciences.
- LIFEPAC Language Arts covers the six major content strands of reading, speaking and listening, writing, spelling, grammar, and composition for grades K-12. This program also covers special topics like visual media, the history of the English language, the Bible as literature, and book reports, as well as study and research skills.
- LIFEPAC Math develops and builds math skills through the use of various question formats, multiple exercise techniques, and fun learning games. This motivating math curriculum prepares students for using math successfully in real-life situations. The curriculum targets this goal by focusing on the major themes of number skills, geometry, algebra, data analysis, and probability.
- LIFEPAC Science focuses on the development of observational skills as they study the physical universe God created. The four major strands of this curriculum include Life Science (plants and animals, human anatomy and personal care, biology), Space and Earth Science (geology, weather, space), Physical Science (chemistry, physics), and the nature of science (scientific method, experimentation, technology).
We also offer a number of LIFEPAC Electives to broaden your child’s knowledge base and boost their confidence. Choose from any of the following subjects:
- American Literature
- British Literature
- Business Computer Information Systems
- Consumer Math
- Family & Consumer Science
- Foundations for Living: Studies in the Christian Worldview
- Health Quest
- High School Health
- Spanish I-II
- Speech: Essentials of Communication
All LIFEPAC courses promote critical thinking skills that encourage and strengthen a student’s faith in Christ. Placement and assessment tests are provided for all academic grades of our community.