The application process at Kanawha Christian School begins with a tour of our campuses. We believe this is truly the best way for you to see exactly what KCS can offer you and your student.
All new families are required to take a tour of the campus and speak with our school administrator before receiving an application. Please call the School Office (641-762-3322) to schedule an appointment.
Return the required application documents – which includes: an application, school form, report cards or transcripts from the past two years, together with the Registration Fee – to the School Office, attention Vicki Hillenga (Vice Principal). Upon receipt, your child will be given a place in the active enrollment for the upcoming academic year.
All new students (grades 1-12) will be scheduled for placement testing. Pre-K and Kindergartners are assessed on a separate schedule.
Each prospective family will be interviewed by the school administrator.
A letter of acceptance will be sent to the new families welcoming them into the Kanawha Christian School family!
The enrollment process takes place after the family interview. At that time, the Registration Fee will be due to officially enroll the student(s). Parents will also be required to choose their payment plan.
For Further Information
Vice Principal / Admissions Counselor
We believe it takes the home, church, and school to provide the best Christian education for our children. For that reason, we encourage parents, grandparents, and extended family to be supportive of the education process and its needs.
We have no faith requirements of the parents of students that choose to attend Kanawha Christian School. We only ask that parents sign a Pledge Form of Understanding, which outlines the rules and guidelines of the Kanawha Christian School community, and the expectations for students that engage this academic community.
- Prospective students must be passing all coursework in their current school.
- Prospective traditional students should not be on any behavior discipline a semester prior to attending Kanawha Christian Schools.
- Assessment-based placement is expected of all prospective students prior to the start of the academic year.
- PreK-4 students must be 4 on or before September 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling.
- PreK-5 students are those students that turn 5 after September 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 on or before September 1st of the school year for which they are enrolling.
- First graders must be 6 on or before September 1st of the school year they are enrolling.